New Orleans Car Accident Lawyer
Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
You may have already discovered that the car insurance company is trying to provide you with a low-ball offer instead of fair compensation for your New Orleans accident. Boling Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney can help you calculate and present your property damage and bodily injury claims including those for wage loss, loss of earning capacity, and the not so easily quantifiable general damages claims for pain and suffering.
Are Justice and Closure Your Goals?
Boling Law Firm is a car accident law firm that can help you with any applicable past, present, and future medical bills and related healthcare and lost wages. While money cannot put you in the same condition you were in before the accident, money is what our judicial system provides for and can help provide you with a sense of closure so that you can move on with your life. If you suffered personal injuries or property damage in a car accident, you may be facing important legal deadlines. Boling Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney will discuss your claim with you immediately. If we agree to handle your case, we will do so on a contingency fee basis. No fee is owed if there is no recovery. You only pay if we win your case. For a FREE CASE REVIEW, contact a New Orleans auto accident attorney at 1 (800) 799-7914 or complete our online form.
What Are 11 Key Steps to Take Immediately After a Car Accident?
- Photograph the IDs of all parties involved in the accident, including drivers, passengers, and other witnesses.
- Photograph registration and insurance information.
- Take pictures of the overall accident scene if you are able to. Think overview of the intersection, overview of all sides of all cars involved, and also close-ups of damages of all vehicles involved.
- Call the police and do not leave the scene of the accident unless it is due to a medical emergency.
- Make a report to the police of what happened;
- Do not apologize after the accident;
- Do not state how you physically feel as sometimes injures and associated symptoms take time to develop. Of course, if you are seriously injured, take an ambulance to the hospital.
- Get medical treatment.
- Do not give a recorded statement to any insurance company.
- Do not sign authorizations for medical treatment.
- Call Boling Law Firm – New Orleans Personal Injury Lawyer for a FREE CASE REVIEW. We work on a NO RECOVERY-NO FEE Basis. You do not owe us any fee if we do not recover money for you.
How To Get Your New Orleans Accident Report?
Here's how to get a copy of your accident report: Get it in person at the New Orleans Police Department, request a copy by mail from the police department, or buy a copy online through buycrash.com.
The information included in the accident report can significantly impact the amount of money you received for your injuries and property damage. The at-fault insurance company will read through every word and will usually not even consider accepting responsibility for the accident until doing so to determine their driver was at fault for the accident. Don't let the insurance company use the report against you. Contact us right now before you speak with the insurance company.
Louisiana law requires the NOPD investigating officer to file his crash report with the New Orleans Police Department within forty-eight hours after completing his investigation. The N.O.P.D Form 26 is typically given to the parties involved in the accident by the investigating officer. Reports may be available 14-21 Working Days after the accident. The N.O.P.D Form 26 that the New Orleans Police officer gave you at the scene of the accident is NOT the accident report. However, it contains key information for getting a copy of the report, such as:
- Item Number,
- Date of Occurrence and
- Location of Occurrence.
Car Accidents in New Orleans can be complicated. Finding and reading the accident report can be just as complex. You can explore our accident report guide below and contact a New Orleans Car Accident Attorney at Boling Law Firm. Call 1 (800) 799-7914 for a Free Consultation.
How To Pick Up My Accident Report in Person
A copy may be obtained for a fee, via U.S. mail or from Police Headquarters, First Floor, Records and Identification Division, 715 S. Broad St, New Orleans, LA 70119. If you plan on picking the report up from Police Headquarters, the office may have limited hours for pickup service so call them at 504-658-5455 before you go.
How To Order My Accident Report Online
Alternatively, if you would like to order the accident online, you may be able to do so at buycrash.com
CAR ACCIDENT STATISTICS
According to the most recent national statistics, the number of car accidents with injuries is on the rise nationally with over 6,452,000 police-reported motor vehicle crashes. In these crashes, over 37,133 people died and over 2,746,000 were injured. In addition to the physical damage and traumatic injuries, these car accidents can be devastating both emotionally and financially. If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by some else's negligence, let a New Orleans car accident lawyer at Boling Law Firm deal with the insurance companies and related litigation so you do not have to. We can help you recover your lost wages, hospital and medical bills, and funeral costs if the accident involved the death of a loved one.
NEW ORLEANS CAR ACCIDENT STATISTICS
From January 1, 2020 through the July 31, 2020, there have been 10,332 total car accidents. On a monthly basis they are:
- January 1,841
- February 2,171
- March 1,394
- April 844
- May 1,196
- June 1,418
- July 1,468
HOW BOLING LAW FIRM CAN HELP
Boling Law Firm recognize your most immediate problems following an automobile accident with injuries include the following:
- Past and future lost wages so you can pay your day to day bills;
- Emergency room, hospital and other medical bills that may have been placed in collections as well as future medical bills;
- Funeral expenses
Preparing a strong case can be difficult but is very important. You will need to gather and submit all medical, wage, photos, videos, and other supporting documents to establish a successful claim and get a fair auto accident settlement. Jeremiah Boling has experience with car accident claims. He will work with your medical providers and the insurance companies so you can focus on your recovery. In evaluating your claim, the insurance company file review will include the following:
- Records and bills from the hospital, treating doctors and other medical providers;
- Statements given at the accident scene by those involved in the accident, the witnesses and the reporting police officer as well as body cam video and any other statements;
- Photographs of the accident scene, damage to vehicles and of injuries sustained;
- Medicaid, Medicare, child support and other liens;
The insurance company's goal is to give you the lowest possible settlement. Therefore, you should hire a car accident lawyer to help! Boling Law Firm will work to recover for your personal injuries and property damage caused by another person's negligence. Boling Law firm represents clients in New Orleans, on the Westbank, in Metairie, Kenner, and throughout Louisiana. If your accident involves a car, motorcycle, or truck and was caused by someone else's negligence, reach out to us by calling, texting, or chatting online.